1. With contemporary bureaus, beauty is a matter of lines and form. Our traditional decorative chests venture beyond those modest bounds, with opulent ornamental designs that use it as a multi-dimensional canvas. Hand-painted motifs, crackle finishes, embossed facings, and mirrored fronts lend distinctive character to our luxurious decorative chests.
2. Traditional style isn't the only enduring quality our wood decorative chests possess. They're also solidly constructed from natural and engineered hardwoods. That quality hardwood construction is complemented by the richly colored wood finishes of our black, vintage white, mahogany, and cherry.
3. Shabby chic is a little rough around the edges. The primitive chic style of manufacturers such as Hammary and Hooker Furniture takes that aesthetic even further. Their heavily distressed ones resemble gorgeous antiques unearthed from Old World hiding places.
4. On the polar opposite of primitive, our antique decorative chests include designs whose polished perfection is practically aristocratic. Say "Salut!" to our traditional French style, featuring period details such as hand-painted scrolling, cabriole legs, and gold highlights.
5. To modern eyes, one of the most striking features are their fluidity of form. Traditional storage chests with serpentine and scalloped fronts are bold accents that draw every eye, though some prefer the subtler seduction of Stein World's Bombay and their undulating concave/convex sides.
6. A decorative chest needn't be a practical piece, but its number of drawers could have both aesthetic and functional value. Our large collection includes classic apothecary, whose rows of numerous small drawers create an appealing checkerboard effect—and plenty of storage room for viles and potions.
7. Drawer hardware is the smallest of dresser details, but one that the attentive decorator won't overlook—we haven't at BedroomFurnitureMart.com. Here you'll spot ring pulls, fleur de lis drawer pulls, and more.