1. Think about what type of accessory bedroom furniture you need. Are you looking for nightstands, a dresser, or a chest? You might love a piece of accessory furniture, but it should fit in with the overall requirements and design of the room.
2. Accessory furniture doesn't have to match the theme of the room exactly. A colorful contemporary mirror can add a splash of personality to an otherwise traditional bedroom.
3. Your bedroom furniture should be on the same scale as the rest of your furniture. If you have a king-sized bed with a large headboard, a miniature nightstand will look out of place.
4. If two people are sharing a master bedroom and need clothing storage, consider a large nine-drawer dresser that can be shared by both. It will take up less space and look more polished than having two dressers.
5. Nightstands don't have to match! Consider two nightstands that are the same material or finish, but have different shapes and sizes. This gives the room a quaint, eclectic look.
6. Mirrors are great accessories anywhere in the bedroom. They can make a small bedroom appear larger and a dark bedroom appear full of light. Try hanging them above dressers or on otherwise blank walls for a dramatic look.
8. Don't forget seating. A cozy chaise lounge can dress up a corner of your bedroom and provide luxurious comfort for reading or pure relaxation. Cedar chests and storage benches serve double roles - storage and seating - at the foot of your bed.
9. The purpose of accessory furniture is to add extra function and
style to your bedroom. Use an elegant lingerie chest for delicate apparel and accessories, and display a vase of fresh flowers on top for a vibrant accent.
10. Your bedroom should be a relaxing retreat. Choose accessory bedroom furniture that suits your personal tastes and makes your time in there extra-special.